According to a report by Apptentive, 35% of mobile apps have an annual retention rate. If you don’t develop a smooth user experience for your mobile app, then you might lose your potential users. But, here’s the list of the 6 best mobile app development frameworks to help you out in selecting the best. Check this table to make your app idea into reality.
Table of Content
- Mobile App Development Frameworks
- play store search engine optimization
- aso case study
- aso for mobile games
6 Best Mobile App Development Frameworks in 2021
As you have checked the above table, now we will understand each framework’s description, features, and when you should use that framework. Let’s dive into it.
The ionic framework helps to create performance-driven and interactive mobile apps. It has access to over 120 rich library native device functionalities like Camera, Geolocation, and Bluetooth. Moreover, for future requirements, you can use the full native SDK.
This framework focuses on the UI and UX interface of the mobile app. To do so, it provides UI controls, interactions, gestures, and animations for mobile app development. Moving further, let’s check the features of this framework.
Key Features of Ionic Framework
- It is a cross-platform framework to develop apps compatible with different platforms.
- Ionic CLI (Command Line Interface) providers help command to Ionic app developers.
- Compatibility with different frameworks like Angular, Vue, and React.js.
- Accessibility to Cordova Plugins makes it easier for developers to add native functionality to a mobile app.
- Ready-made components, typography, and design themes.
Choose Ionic Framework When
- You don’t want to code for two different platforms iOS and Android.
- You want to develop an app that has high performance in the cross-platforms as well.
- You want to create a mobile application based on AngularJS and Cordova plugins.
Which is the trending mobile app framework? Flutter, an open-source UI toolkit, developed by Google. It is built to create native mobile applications for different devices like mobile, web, and desktop. Flutter uses Dart programming language which focuses on front-end development.
This framework allows you to create cross-platform mobile application development which uses a single codebase. Flutter SDK has different UI widgets like scrolling, navigation, icons, fonts, and material design, and iOS styles to provide performance similar to native apps. Now, let’s check the key features of the Flutter framework.
Key Features of Flutter Framework
- It has Hot Reload features that allow you to reflects the changes of code instantly in the development phase.
- Widget Catalog has a collection of UI widgets that helps you in the faster development of the mobile application.
- Flutter Fix is a feature included in the 2.0 version of this framework that automatically cleans up deprecated APIs of your codebase using a command-line tool.
- Flutter SDK is compatible with several IDEs, like Xcode, Android Studio, Visual Studio, and IntelliJ IDEA.
- DevTools of the Flutter helps you to perform debugging to improve the quality of the application.
- Flutter inspector is a widget that allows you to test the visual representation of the widget for user experience.
Choose Flutter Framework When
- You want to develop a mobile app with a high-quality user experience within a budget.
- You want to create a mobile app with a single code base.
Xamarin is an open-source and freely available one of the best mobile app development frameworks that use .NET and C#. Using Xamarin, app developers are able to create native apps for Android, iOS, tvOS, watchOS, and Windows app. It allows developers to use .NET and its native API access.
To develop a mobile app, Xamarin uses C# and native libraries that are wrapped in the .NET layer to create the native apps for multiple platforms using a single shared code. Now, let’s check the features.
Key Features of Xamarin Framework
- Xamarin app development framework has two different SDKs for Android and iOS platform development.
- This framework is also reliable to design and develop functionalities for wearables smart techs.
- .NET framework is the base of Xamarin, and it allows you to use native libraries for app development without writing code from scratch.
- This cross-platform app development framework is designed to ease the work of developers by “write once, run anywhere”.
- It provides SkiaSharp with a 2D graphics system to integrate with your Xamarin applications to display the vector graph, bitmaps, and text.
- Xamarin is a powerful framework that allows you to develop mobile games by using many well-known games engines like MonoGame, Xenko, and Wave Engine.
Choose Xamarin Framework When
- You are planning to develop a hybrid application with native design and performance.
- You want the flexibility of components during app development as per your requirements.
- Security is your priority and you don’t want your app to be compromised at any level of failure.
- You need your mobile application can work offline without compromising the performance.
Best Resources to Learn Xamarin Framework
What is ReactNative? It is one of the most used mobile app development frameworks based on React library developed by Facebook. It allows you to develop mobile and web-based apps. When you want to particularly develop a mobile application for native platforms that is where React Native comes in.
React Native helps to develop applications that are compatible with a specific platform. Web developers who are looking to find a reliable mobile app framework that helps to build mobile apps. One of the crucial parts of React Native app development is using the correct data flow of the components. Because it has a direct effect on the performance of the application.
Key Features of React Native Framework
- It provides a migration feature that helps developers to create the migrate React Native app to AndroidX.
- React Native offers reusable components that speed up the development process for Android and iOS development.
- It allows you to integrate React Native in your existing apps as well as you can create applications from scratch.
- It has a faster reload feature that reflects the changes instantly as when you update the components.
Let’s look at the condition when you should choose React Native for mobile app development.
Choose React Native Framework When
- You want to develop intermediate-level cross-platform mobile apps.
- You want to create a cross-platform application within a limited timeframe.
- Your application is highly dependent on third-party integrations.
- You want the least maintenance of your cross-platform mobile apps.
Best Resources to Learn React Native Framework
Cordova framework wraps up the code into a native container to gain access to core functions of different platforms. It enables developers to install cross-platform hybrid applications as native mobile apps.
Key Features of Cordova Framework
- Cordova has core components that help app developers to create the base of the application.
- It provides access to several plugins that allows you to use native device capabilities.
- Cordova Command Line Interface tool helps to manage the development of hybrid applications.
Choose Cordova Framework When
- You want to develop an MVP test version for different platforms like Android, iOS, and Windows.
- The performance of your mobile app is not your priority.
JQuery Mobile is a user interface framework that works on the slogan “write less, do more” for developing the next level of applications. It allows you to create an application that works without interruption on different platforms like smartphones, tablets, and desktops.
JQuery Mobile has integration with apps, frameworks, third-party plugins, extensions, and themes to make developer easier for developers. On top of that, it allows you to create a custom theme using ThemeRoller without writing a single line of code.