Be sure that your apps are prepared for iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and tvOS 14.5. With the upcoming public launch, all apps should use the AppTrackingTransparency framework to request the consumer’s permission to trace them or to entry their machine’s promoting identifier. Until you obtain permission from the consumer to allow monitoring, the machine’s promoting identifier worth can be all zeros and you might not observe them.
When submitting your app for assessment, some other type of monitoring — for instance, by title or electronic mail deal with — should be declared within the product web page’s App Retailer Privateness Data part and be carried out provided that permission is granted by AppTrackingTransparency. You will additionally want to incorporate a goal string within the system immediate to elucidate why you would like to trace the consumer, per App Retailer Assessment Guideline 5.1.2(i). These necessities apply to all apps beginning with the general public launch of iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and tvOS 14.5 by skadnetwork 2.2.
As a reminder, accumulating machine and utilization knowledge with the intent of deriving a singular illustration of a consumer, or fingerprinting, continues to be a violation of the Apple Developer Program License Settlement..
Person Privateness and Information Use
The App Retailer is designed to be a secure and trusted place for customers to find apps created by gifted builders all over the world. Apps on the App Retailer are held to a excessive commonplace for privateness, safety, and content material as a result of nothing is extra essential than sustaining customers’ belief. In an effort to submit new apps and app updates, you could present details about a few of your app’s knowledge assortment practices in your product web page. And beginning with the beta variations of iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and tvOS 14.5, you’ll be required to ask customers for his or her permission to trace them throughout apps and web sites owned by different corporations.
Describing How Your App Makes use of Information
The App Retailer higher helps customers perceive an app’s privateness practices earlier than they obtain the app. On every app’s product web page, customers can find out about a number of the knowledge varieties an app could acquire, and whether or not the knowledge is used to trace them or is linked to their id or machine.
In an effort to submit new apps and app updates, you need to present details about your privateness practices in App Retailer Join. In the event you use third-party code — resembling promoting or analytics SDKs — you’ll additionally want to explain what knowledge the third-party code collects, how the info could also be used, and whether or not the info is used to trace customers.
Asking Permission to Monitor
Beginning with iOS 14.5, iPadOS 14.5, and tvOS 14.5, you’ll have to obtain the consumer’s permission by the AppTrackingTransparency framework to trace them or entry their machine’s promoting identifier. Monitoring refers back to the act of linking consumer or machine knowledge collected out of your app with consumer or machine knowledge collected from different corporations’ apps, web sites, or offline properties for focused promoting or promoting measurement functions. Monitoring additionally refers to sharing consumer or machine knowledge with knowledge brokers.
Examples of monitoring embrace, however are usually not restricted to:
- Displaying focused commercials in your app based mostly on consumer knowledge collected from apps and web sites owned by different corporations.
- Sharing machine location knowledge or electronic mail lists with a knowledge dealer.
- Sharing an inventory of emails, promoting IDs, or different IDs with a third-party promoting community that makes use of that info to retarget these customers in different builders’ apps or to seek out comparable customers.
- Inserting a third-party SDK in your app that mixes consumer knowledge out of your app with consumer knowledge from different builders’ apps to focus on promoting or measure promoting effectivity, even in case you don’t use the SDK for these functions. For instance, utilizing an analytics SDK that repurposes the info it collects out of your app to allow focused promoting in different builders’ apps.
The next use circumstances are usually not thought of monitoring, and don’t require consumer permission by the AppTrackingTransparency framework:
- When consumer or machine knowledge out of your app is linked to third-party knowledge solely on the consumer’s machine and isn’t despatched off the machine in a manner that may determine the consumer or machine.
- When the info dealer with whom you share knowledge makes use of the info solely for fraud detection, fraud prevention, or safety functions, and solely in your behalf. For instance, utilizing a knowledge dealer solely to stop credit score card fraud.
Utilizing the AppTrackingTransparency Framework
To request permission to trace the consumer and entry the machine’s promoting identifier, use the AppTrackingTransparency framework. It’s essential to additionally embrace a goal string within the system immediate that explains why you’d like to trace the consumer. Until you obtain permission from the consumer to allow monitoring, the machine’s promoting identifier worth can be all zeros and you might not observe them as described above.
Whilst you can show the AppTrackingTransparency immediate everytime you select, the machine’s promoting identifier worth will solely be returned when you current the immediate and the consumer grants permission. Use the aim string to elucidate what this knowledge can be used for to assist the consumer perceive what they’re opting in to share. If the consumer permits apps to request to trace, however has turned monitoring off on your app, you may ask the consumer to vary their desire on your app by offering a shortcut to Settings the place they’ll change the monitoring permission.
The ID for Vendors (IDFV), could also be used for analytics throughout apps from the identical content material supplier. The IDFV might not be mixed with different knowledge to trace a consumer throughout apps and web sites owned by different corporations until you might have been granted permission to trace by the consumer.
For more information, see: