We cowl the outcomes of the preliminary stage of ASO: how we managed to extend the variety of installs of the Meditation & Sleep: Praktika app on the App Retailer by 18% and by 67% on Google Play.
Meditation & Sleep: Praktika is an app with meditations, workout routines to scale back stress and enhance sleep.
The app has been on the App Retailer for greater than two years, and through that point it acquired featured many occasions. For iOS, the app is translated into three languages: Russian, Polish, and German.
On Google Play, the app has been accessible for simply over a yr and it comprises solely Russian-language content material.
On the first stage of our cooperation we outlined the goal nation for optimization on the App Retailer and Google Play — Russia, so all of the metrics might be specified for this nation.
We began by auditing the app house pages in each shops, learning present metrics and figuring out areas of development.
Outcomes of the audit: the App Retailer
It was apparent that the Meditation & Sleep: Praktika app had already carried out some work with each textual content and visible components.
- Textual content metadata. For Russia, all three listed locales have been concerned: Russian, Ukrainian, and British English. The issue was that the metadata contained duplicate phrases and normal key phrases that had little or nothing to do with the theme of the app.Moreover optimizing the primary textual content components, it was additionally essential to improve the metadata of the promoted in-app buy — subscription.
- Indexing. Largely branded key phrases drove visitors to the app. For the opposite key phrases, the app ranked low.
- Conversion. Conversion charges from retailer view to put in have been excessive from all visitors sources besides Search.
Outcomes of the audit: Google Play
- Indexing. On Google Play, the primary supply of visitors is Search. However solely the branded key phrases supplied the movement of visitors. Meditation & Sleep: Praktika was listed for all related key phrases, however past visibility.The second ‘Google Play discover’ supply introduced low natural visitors. Meditation & Sleep: Praktika ranked low in Comparable Apps. Virtually half of those apps weren’t thematically related. This explains why customers didn’t set up the app, even when they noticed it.
- Conversion. Conversion charges from retailer view to put in have been increased than their peer teams’ charges from all sources besides ‘Google Play discover’.
- To enhance the app’s visibility and the view-to-install conversion charge;
- To extend the movement of natural installs.
What we did for the app on the App Retailer
We up to date the semantics of the app and eliminated irrelevant key phrases. We additionally added key phrases with typos, corresponding to ‘medetation’. Since iOS 14, the App Retailer has had auto-correction, however ~10% of customers are nonetheless utilizing gadgets with an older iOS, so we shouldn’t have forgotten about them. Within the first iteration, we used all 3 locales with the intention to cowl extra key phrases and see the doable positions for them.
Earlier than the primary iteration, there have been 7 key phrases within the prime 1-3, after — 13. The highest 1-5 had 9 key phrases, after the iteration — 16.
After analyzing the outcomes of the primary iteration, we proceeded to the second. We determined to refuse from inefficient key phrases and concentrate on two locales: Russian and Ukrainian. For the UK, we left the primary key phrases in English. We agreed to go away the optimization of this locale to the worldwide growth part.
We additionally optimized the metadata of the promoted in-app buy. Meditation & Sleep: Praktika began to take extra space and draw extra visitors for branded key phrases.
Promotion plans and outcomes on the App Retailer
Our purpose was to make the app seen in search outcomes and increase view-to-install conversion charge. We have been capable of obtain the followings metrics in two iterations:
Now we proceed to work on enhancing the numbers for Russia, in addition to optimizing the textual content components in Polish and German locales. We’re ready for the variation of the app into English and making ready for a large-scale optimization.
What we did for the app on Google Play
Since Google indexes the metadata in all locales, we turned to world indexing. Along with the textual content components for the Russian locale, we’ve developed 13 further locales with metadata in Russian. The optimization of every locale focused a unique group of key phrases.
As well as, in Google Pure Language we achieved a Confidence rating of 0.99 for the lengthy description. This device helps the shop higher perceive what your app is about. Thus, classifying within the appropriate class will increase the relevance of the app’s impressions.
We additionally determined to replace the tags. Tags assist Google Play algorithms show the app in related alternatives and choose peer teams for comparability.
It’s not the variety of tags that issues, however the relevance. That’s why we eliminated the much less related tags and left just one, however crucial tag — Meditation.
Outcomes on Google Play
Our purpose was to develop the app’s visibility in search outcomes and enhance view-to-install conversion charge. The metrics we have been capable of obtain within the first iteration:
Together with this, the movement of visitors from the ‘Google Play discover’ supply has additionally grown. It is a constructive impact of Google Adverts campaigns and improved show of the app within the ‘Comparable Apps’ choice.